Photobucket   Photobucket   photobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket

Thursday 8 March 2012

Call of Beauty: Modern Hair-care #2

I'm sure I've moaned at least once about my hair. I want it to be thicker, longer and a different colour (the grass is always greener.) In my quest to help my hair grow I'm trying my best not to use too much heat on my hair. Through this I've managed to find a way to get my hair to style in the wavy look that I really like, and as I'm such a lovely person (my head has just grown to twice it's size) I thought I would share it with all of you lovely people.

1) Start with wet hair. I applied my Aussie Leave In Conditioner and Moroccan Oil then combed my hair out. Afterwards I applied some Volumising mousse. I then dried my hair upside down until it was around 70% dry.


2) Once my hair is slightly dry, I then section it off and continue to use my hairdryer till that section is dry.


3) Then grabbing a small section (from the section you have already sectioned off, sorry for the over use of the word section!) wrap it around two of your fingers. Then remove your fingers and pin it in place with a kirby grip. (This does take a while to do, but once you can do it, it's easy.)


4) Continue this until all of your hair is gripped. I like to use rollers on my top layer and in my fringe, but the grips work in the same way.


5) I then like to let my hair sit like this for a while, I usually do my make-up at this time. Then take it all out and gently brush it through.


6) Finally I like to brush through, and spray some texturising spray into it too. 


Here are the products I used, if you would like more detail about any of them, don't hesitate to ask.
Andrew Barton Comb, Round Brush, Texturising Brush, (from Boots) Andrew Barton Mousse, V05 texturising spray, Wella Hairspray, Kirby Grips, Velcro Rollers, Babyliss Hairdryer.


I hope you found this slightly helpful. 

Do you have any hair tips you can share??

Laura xoxo








10 comments:

  1. That looks so lovely, my hair dries natually wavy which I am finally embracing after years of attacking it with ghd's. but something else I've done is french plait it in sections then sleep in it and take them out in the morning and pull my fingers through, if this makes any sense at all!

    misskirstymarie.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      Ah mine sometimes does, but not all the time.
      Ooo I used to do that all the time :)

      xoxo

      Delete
  2. I like wavy hair, using grips / rollers to curl it neverrr seems to work on my hair unfortunately, so it's always tongs / straighteners. Yours looks nice like this :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, that's a shame.
      Have you tried the plaiting it when wet method too ?
      Thank you :)

      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Your hair looks super pretty using this method, I love the wavy look! I will definitely try this at the weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you :)
      Ooo let me know how you get on :)

      xoxo

      Delete
  4. love the result! :D I have pretty short hair and can´t style it however i want, but this one was good!

    ps: i´m your new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the soft waves! I try doing that to my hair but it seems to fall flat so quickly, and if I pile on the hairspray, I sort of lose the whole "soft" concept, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, have you tried using texturising spray too?
      I bet it still looks nice :)

      xoxo

      Delete

Thank you so much for you comment, it really brightens my day.