Photobucket   Photobucket   photobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket

Saturday 21 July 2012

Fringe Fall Out

I have a bit of a love hate relationship with my fringe, I loved it when I first got it cut in, but to be honest, it was a lot of hassle, and nine times out of ten, I would wake up with an unruly mess that would not play nice in the morning, and often look like this:


In light of this, I had to find a solution that I knew would work, time and time again. Enter the Lauren Conrad side plait. You've probably seen this on me lots and lots, but I thought it may make an interesting post to show you how I do it, plus, who doesn't love photos were I make a complete idiot of myself?



(Well done Laura for cutting the top off :/)








Anddd 'cause I'm stupid, I forgot to take a picture of the finished look, but here is what it looks like in a older picture.


I hope this was helpful? Or at least gave you something to smile at. What is your fringe saviour?
Also, I got the idea of doing the images like this from Kat.

Laura xoxo

Outake?



22 comments:

  1. Haha, I like the outtakes :)
    And love your hair with this plait, I wish I could do it on bad fringe days but it isn't long enough :( xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      I'm sure you could, it doesn't take much hair :)

      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Hehe I love posts like this which aren't too serious!
    Sort of makes me wish I had my fringe back so I could give it a go.. Sort of.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      I'm sure you could do it without a fringe, just use the pieces of the front of your face :)

      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Haha this is a great post - and totally honest (not like, ohh I wake up every morning and my fringe is an absolute delight and that is how it remains all day long- Yeah right!) I had a full fringe for a few years but I've now let it grow out (thinking Made In Chelsea esque centre parting) needless to say I don't look like Millie, Caggie or Louise, more flat as a pancake, long face inducing Rosie - great!

    -Alice
    shinyprettythings-alice.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      Haha, I'm letting mine grow out too, but I don't look like either of them either :(

      xoxo

      Delete
    2. It's heartbreaking isn't it - I just felt sure it would happen haha!
      x

      Delete
  4. I love pleated fringes but my fringe isn't long enough to do something like this :( x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it would work, mine used to when it was shorter, just try taking smaller sections :)

      xoxo

      Delete
  5. Wow this looks fab! I shall definitely be giving it a quick try later :)

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do my side fringe in a plait too cos I hate it now, I've done a post on mine here..

    http://misskirstymarie.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/plait-me-sideways.html

    Or I do it middle parting style with backcombed roots
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. it´s really beautiful :D love when it´s simple and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to have a fringe but let it grow out because it was in my eyes all the time! I love your solution! I used to do it too haha! Or I braided it!

    xoxo, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bloody love the outtakes! You do make me giggle! i'm exactly the same with my fringe. i don't even plait it! just pin it back lol.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks so pretty :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for you comment, it really brightens my day.